Are you a Principal Developer / Architect? Do you want to work on medical software ? Do you live in the Veenendaal (Utrecht) region?
Are you a software architect and experienced full stack developer with a desire to work on medical software applications? Our team is looking for you! We are based in the office in Veenendaal (The Netherlands) and specialize in workflow applications. The products you will work on are medical workflow applications, used by radiologists and other medical doctors who work with X-ray, CT, MR, Ultrasound and other medical image types. Current products include the Radiology Information System (RIS), Zillion Archive (ZA) and it’s management portal (ZAM).
WE OFFER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
- Work on products that matter, with value for doctors and patients.
- Make a difference in a company that values technical excellence.
- Work in a modern international company with frequent contact to international offices.
- Join our diverse local development team, connected internationally to colleague teams.
- Work in a small team, now 7 man-strong growing to 11, that cares about code reviews, testing and automation.
- Have fun and work in a productive environment.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Design, .NET, ASP.NET, UML 2.0 and commonly used software design patterns
- Front-end development experience with knowledge of at least one of the commonly used js frameworks
- Experience in testing your own code, code reviews and other processes and tools that make you a better developer
- Technical excellence, demonstrating best practices, technical processes and standards.
- Ability to identify, track and manage technical debt
- Ability to cooperate and translate vague requirements
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Verbal and written communication skills in English - Dutch skills are not required
- Experience with JIRA, Jenkins, DICOM and/or HL7 is a plus
- Experience with Docker, RESTful services, .NET Core, HTML is a plus
- Product support and/or medical sector experience are a plus
Please include a motivation letter in your application. Although we currently work remotely, we require that you will also be able work out of our office in Veenendaal, The Netherlands. You must already hold a working permit for The Netherlands/EU when applying.
- Analytical Skills - Interprets and digests complex information, applies logic and sound critical thinking to astutely evaluate information, identifies flaws in reasoning but integrates good judgment in presenting findings, creates insightful and comprehensible reports, devises improvements or corrections to processes/procedures/plans based on strong analytical findings.
- Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- Decision Making/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
- Product Knowledge (to be gained on the job) – Knows and explains product features/benefits, understands the full product line, understands customer's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Vision and Values - Supports values and daily actions and decisions, communicates vision and values to others, generates enthusiasm, incorporates vision when planning.
Integrity, Customer Focused, Collaborative, Problem Solvers and Drive
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Vital offers a dynamic work place, and room for learning and growth. This is an environment in which things move quickly and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats. We have a casual dress code, offer flexible work hours and actively foster work-life balance, because anything else simply isn’t sustainable. Our Veenendaal office is located near the high way (A12) exit and about 10 minutes’ walk from Veenendaal-de Klomp Train Station. You will become part of a small and growing team of software engineers: architect, developers, testers, documentation expert and UI designer. Our team at Vital loves what we do and has fun doing it together. We look forward to receiving an application from you.
Vital is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
At Vital, what we do matters. This is at the heart of every product we develop, every service we provide, and especially each member of our team. Vital is part of Canon Medical Systems, and together we lead the industry with the latest health imaging informatics solutions. We improve the quality of patient care by developing innovative products that enable the exchange, analysis and storage of clinical information across health care enterprises and communities. Our products handle millions of medical images and health records a day across the world. Vital Images experiences the best of both worlds with a dynamic and collaborative environment, casual culture, and agility of a mid-sized company, while having the support and resources of Canon.
This vacancy is located in Veenendaal (The Netherlands). Vital software engineering also has offices in the U.S., Denmark and Canada. We value our team’s innovation, enthusiasm, and dedication to help improve the lives of patients. Do you want to be part of a passionate team that believes what we do matters? Then a career with Vital Images might be right for you!
Hoe nu verder
Ben jij geïnteresseerd in bovenstaand profiel? Vital Images, Inc. ziet graag jouw sollicitatie tegemoet! Door middel van het klikken op de solliciteerbutton kom je in een overzichtelijk sollicitatiescherm waar je met jouw CV, LinkedIn profiel of onze CV bouwer kan reageren op de vacature van Principal Developer / Architect – Medical Workflow Software.